Whether you’re planning to move your home or business to, from or within Brisbane, you’ll want to hire a professional and experienced removalist company. Relocating is always a stressful task, no matter how near or far you are moving, so it’s important that you seek professional assistance to ensure nothing is left to chance when the big day arrives. Here are some of the main reasons you should hire removalists from Brisbane and our guide to choosing the very best relocation company for a hassle-free move.
Why Hire a Brisbane Removalist?
You may be wondering if you actually need to hire a removalist for your move. While you could struggle through without assistance, it is common practice to enlist a professional relocation company to ensure your move goes without a hitch. Here are some of the main reasons to book removalists from Brisbane.
Brisbane, the capital of Australia’s Sunshine State is packed with attractions and things to see and do. Whether you’re moving from out of state or relocating across the city, with the help of a professional removalist company you can get the hard work of moving over and done with much quicker, leaving you free to explore your new neighbourhood. What’s more, thanks to your removalists’ experience and know-how, you’ll save even more time planning your move, as well as getting everything packed and loaded.
Hiring a removalist is a great way to help make your move easier to deal with. With so many things to organise – utilities, paperwork, dealing with the bank, passing on contact details and the mixed emotions you may feel about closing one chapter in your life, entrusting the actual transportation of your possessions to professionals can be a huge psychological relief.
Thanks to their skills, training and wide experience, the best removalists from Brisbane will be able to safely and securely pack and transport all of your possessions, no matter how fragile, bulky or precious. If you try to move all of your home goods single-handedly without enough experience or the correct equipment, you are likely going to have to spend at least several hundred dollars on replacing broken items to furnish your new home.
Even if you don’t opt for a full-service move, thanks to your removalists’ professionalism and organisation you will find unpacking to be a much easier task than if you try to handle every aspect of your move by yourself. Having the right boxes in the right rooms will save you a huge amount of effort when you’re trying to set up for your first night in your new home.
The best Brisbane removal companies will also be able to provide you with optional extra services. While they will usually come at an additional fee, they can be a godsend, especially if you are struggling to organise a last-minute move. Here are some of the most popular extra services that you may want to consider when relocating to or from Brisbane:
- Valet packing and unpacking services
- Storage facilities
- Specialist item removals
- Supply packing materials
- Assembly services
- Tailored door-to-door removals
- Pet transportation
Unsure about how to best pack a bulky item for moving? Which time of day to move? Whatever your moving questions, when you hire a professional Brisbane removalist you can rest assured that you’ll get the best answers for your specific circumstances. Thanks to their in-depth knowledge of both Brisbane and the removalist trade, your expert movers can provide you with invaluable moving advice.
How Much Does it Cost to Move House in Brisbane?
The best way to find out how much a removalist in Brisbane costs is to get several quotes directly from professional relocation companies. You can opt for a budget-priced Brisbane relocation or spend more on a full-service move with valet packing and unpacking. Here are some of the main factors that you should be aware of which will affect the cost of your move.
Factors That May Impact Moving Costs
- The distance between premises – obviously it will take longer to move further, plus extra fuel and vehicle maintenance costs will need to be accounted for. Interstate removals from Brisbane to Melbourne will understandably cost more than a local Brisbane move.
- Your property size and level – moving the contents of a five bedroom family home will cost more than moving a one bedroom apartment. High rise properties will also cost more than premises situated at ground level.
Difficulty of your move – if the location of your property or any of its features represent particular difficulties for removalists then you may have to pay a little more to compensate for the extra time and effort. The following factors could bump up the cost of moving home in Brisbane:
- Narrow door frames
- Narrow hallways
- Limited/lack of parking
- Large/bulky furniture
- Date and time – your choice of date and time could have an impact on the cost of moving. Busy periods, such as dates at the beginning or end of the month, may be more expensive due to the increased demand.
- Level of service – full-service removals with packing and unpacking will cost more than a standard move. Any optional extras will, of course, be added to your standard quote.
- Extra insurance – if you have any antique or expensive goods, you may wish to arrange extra insurance to ensure that they will be covered to their full value. In any case, you should check with your removals company just what their policy covers, as well as with your own home insurer. Some home insurers offer removal insurance as an additional cost, whereas others may include it if your possessions are professionally packed and transported.
Hiring professional removalists from Brisbane is the best way to ensure that your move goes without a hitch. Whether you are looking to relocate locally in the Brisbane area or are moving interstate, you can trust Chess Moving to ensure your move goes without a hitch. Get in touch with our friendly team today for a no obligation quote for your Brisbane move and beyond.